October is Arts & Humanities Month in Wyoming,—an annual recognition of the importance of our unique culture. The arts enjoy broad popular support in Wyoming as an economic engine that brings people together in every community, however we don’t always think about them in this light. Arts & Humanities Month is an opportunity for everybody to help raise the profile of the arts in public perception and promote the role of the arts in making our communities healthier, stronger, and more resilient.
You complete the picture. Whether you are a longtime arts patron and advocate or this is your first time getting involved, there are many ways you can celebrate. WyAA wants to make it easy for everyone to become an arts champion, so we have prepared some easy ways to promote Arts & Humanities Month in your community this October.
- Check out WyAA’s 31-day #ShowYourWY Creative Challenge on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Find daily creative prompts for visual art, songwriting, poetry, micro-fiction writing.
- Ask for a local government proclamation. Your mayor, town council, and even your county commissioners can officially declare October as Arts & Humanities Month. View our sample proclamation for ideas.
- Share your story. Personal experiences are the most compelling way to reach the hearts and minds of our friends, neighbors, and community leaders. Take a moment during your daily activities this month to share how the arts and humanities have positively impacted your life.
- Thank Governor Mark Gordon for recognizing Arts & Humanities Month. Your signature can be a catalyst for advocacy during Arts & Humanities Month. Even if you have just a minute to spare, you can sign your name to WyAA’s online pledge in support of the arts in your local community.
- Support WyAA’s statewide Arts & Culture mission as a member. Your financial contributions are the most generous resource you can provide during Arts & Humanities Month. Become a monthly donor-member to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Wyoming’s families by contributing to WyAA’s efforts.
- Watch a video of Governor Mark Gordon proclaiming October 2023 as Arts & Humanities Month in Wyoming during the Ucross Foundation’s 40th Anniversary Gala.